17 March 2015

Tasty Truffles!

Mmmmm.....truffles! Recently I have made two batches of rum truffles with my mum. The first batch was for my Nanna as a gift for Mother's day and the second was to share between my family. The picture (above) is of the second batch. For this batch of truffles, we used shaved/grated milk chocolate as the truffle cream's coating. For my Nanna's batch we used half cocoa powder and half chocolate sprinkles a the coating.
    I think these truffles are a great gift for chocolate lovers because if you were to buy truffles, they would be very expensive but as you are making them yourself, they would be much cheaper yet the receiver of the gift would think they cost a lot more than they did and/or would appreciate it more because it is handmade.
    Truffles can be very rich, but having one or two can be a very luxury treat for an after dinner taste sensation. If you love them so much, you can have a few at a time as a lovely chocolaty dessert.
    If you want to make rum truffles just like mine then just ask in the comments for the recipe and I'll tell you how to make it. I just thought I would leave out the recipe from this post because I wanted to just give you a little taster and keep it peppy so that you would only have to read a whole recipe if you wanted it.
   IMPORTANT UPDATE: Comments are now enabled on this blog so please leave some nice comments on the posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.