21 May 2015

Taylor Swift fashion designs


 Recently I had to present a talk in my English class with an Introduction and 4 sections, about any subject I wanted. I chose fashion design. One of the sections was all about where to find inspiration for your designs so, one of the pages was about style icons. Basically, a style icon is a celeb that you look up to for ideas of what to wear (or in my talk's case, what to design). I chose Taylor Swift as an example of a style icon. These are the designs that I came up with. I explained that if you were to be inspired my a style icon you would only take 1 or 2 elements that you liked from the design whereas I have just copied the pictures onto a model template, this was just to show how you would go about drawing the designs.
I hope you like my drawings of Taylor swift's outfits. I used a mixture of 'TopModel' pencils in natural shades, coloured 'stabilo' fineliners and black 'pinline' fineliners to create them. You can see the original photo of Taylor on the left and my drawing on the right, to compare. Take a look at the full view and profile view of the double model design which are below.


PS: I drew on the hair on both of them, the signature and eyeliner.
PPS: Sorry about the layout, it messed up when the post uploaded :(







5 comments:

  1. Woah, these look totally awesome!! This designing-inspiration concept sounds really cool! You always make your designs look brilliant! I don't think I could do that well. XD

    In reply to the PPS, it helps if you adjust widths - click on "design" above and go into "template", then click "adjust widths" and adjust it to what suits you best. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! If you keep practicing a particular type of drawing (or anything) you'll soon be great (I've just been designing for quite a long time).

      Thanks for the advice-I'll try that out in my next post (with pics). :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! If you keep practicing a particular type of drawing (or anything) you'll soon be great (I've just been designing for quite a long time).

      Thanks for the advice-I'll try that out in my next post (with pics). :D

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! Okay, maybe I'll try this out! Thanks for the tip. :D

      Oh sorry! I don't think I made it clear. I meant click on "design" on your blog page (this page even) and at the top of the page there's a hyperlink that says "design". Click on it, then click on "customise" and then go into "adjust widths". :)

      Delete
    4. Oh right! Thanks! I get it now! I sometimes change that up a bit to help me with the orientation of the posts! :)

      Delete

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.