20 June 2015

Friends Inspired Father's Day Card





Looking for last minute father's day ideas? Oh no. Luckily for you, today I've got the perfect card idea for a dad who is a big fan of the comedy, friends! Hopefully I will inspire you to make your own card! 

1. To start off making my my card I looked up Monica's peephole frame on google images and printed it off so it would be a decent size on my card
2. I then cut out the frame and glued it onto the front
3. For the typography I looked up the friends logo then copied the style to say FATHERS DAY. The whole text says The one with the Fathers Day 2015. Every episode title starts with the words 'the one' so that's why my card starts with that.
4. I looked up quotes that Chandler (my Dad's favourite character) said and wrote them in bubbles on the left side of the inside of the card
5. I then wrote my message on the card (on the right side of the inside, obviously)
6. I looked up an image of a quote that seemed fitting and stuck it on the bottom of my message

So that's it! It's quite easy but very fun to make and will be appreciated more than a shop-bought card! :D If you make this yourself- of course it doesn't have to be exactly the same so here's some ideas on how to change it up a bit:
. change the special occasion it is for-
you could change this card so it could be for a birthday, Christmas (or even thanksgiving if you're American). These special occasion cards can be adapted so they are real episode titles too (for example the one with the birthday is an actual episode where it is Rachel's birthday). 
. change the quotes that you use-
I only used Chandler quotes for mine because he is my dad's favourite character but you can use any friends quotes you want. If the person you are giving your friends card to has a favourite character, you can use those! If not, just use a mix of quotes that are awesome!
. change the picture quote at the end-
Choose a picture quote that matches your card! For example if you change it to be a birthday can you could use this: 
Here are some more photos of my card:
The Quotes

The Photo Quote
I hope I helped you make your very won friends card today! I love the comedy friends just like my dad so if you have any cool facts, favourite moments or hilarious quotes from the show let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.