04 June 2015

Read With Your Cuppa' #2

Quote of the Day



I'm not sure who said this, but today's quote is all about thinking positively. It means that good things can't happen without the bad things so you've just got to sit through the bad things and  remember that something good will come out of it. Whether it be a lesson to learn or d, good things come from the bad.





Fun Activity


Fimo clay is a brand of oven hardening clay that you can mold into whatever shape you want. Why don't you make beads, models of your favourite animals/characters or something even cooler? The possibilities are endless. I will be uploading a post with pictures of my models very soon so come back to see if I have uploaded it.




Interesting Fact



Hedgehogs can hibernate but not all actually do.





Fashion Trend




Gingham is a big trend this year and it can make a sophisticated outfit into a bold statement. Black and white ginghams really pop but there are plenty of colours to choose from-why not the classic red or blue? There's many more unique shades too.


 




Image result for party rings


Biscuit of the Day

Party rings are a really fun biscuit, perfect for parties! However, you can have them whenever you feel like. They were first created by a British company, Fox's Biscuits in 1983 and are still being sold now with more variations than before! The bright colours and wobbly lines are great for kids but these are still delicious even if you are older!


I hope you all liked my second Read With Your Cuppa post. Thanks to some readers for their feedback and requests (I hope you like what I did with your ideas by the way). Tell me your thoughts about this series of posts in the comments and I'll try my best to use some of your ideas!

PS: I know it's the evening when I'm uploading this post so you're probably not having a cuppa' in the evening but you can save this for the morning-I just wanted to upload it! :D

6 comments:

  1. This was an awesome read! I love how you collect up interesting things for each one! :D I totally agree with the quote! We should have a lot more optimism in our lives. ^^ The fact is really interesting - I didn't know that! I love party rings too! The colours are really decorative, and the taste is awesome! :3

    I loved reading this! Keep it up, Megan! :)

    Btw, I love the new format! It's beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it! :D Yes we should! :) I was surprised when I found out the fact myself-I just assumed they all hibernated. I love them too, I don't have them very often anymore but when I do, they're so great! Thanks, I will! :)

      I'm glad you like the format, I thought it was high time that I changed it up a bit! =^U^=

      Delete
    2. You're so welcome! :D Yeah, so did I! I wonder how the others would survive then... :/ Same thought! :)

      Haha, well it's fun decorating it too! ^^ (And looking at the results, of course! XD)

      Delete
    3. Hmmmm...I'm not sure, perhaps the others stock up on food (like squirrels) for Winter so they can survive without hibernating. Do squirrels even hibernate? :/ I'm going to check now *goes onto google* (LOL what am I doing?)...no they don't hibernate but they do sleep a lot to compensate (perhaps that's what some hedgehogs do too). They don't like cold weather (squirrels that is) so they usually stay in their dens (with their friends) so they can keep warm. =^U^=

      Yes it is! At the same time that I decorated my blog I also added an about me page which was fun to create too! Haha yes! XD I'm happy with my patterned background but just out of curiosity...how did you make your background a whole picture (it looks cool btw)? I had to find a pattern tile because it just 'tiles' the image all over the background. :)

      Delete
    4. I have to say, it's an interesting topic! :D Yeah. Apparently, squirrels bury nuts all over the place before winter and then they can find them when it starts to get cold (only, they don't always remember where all the nuts are hidden! XD). LOL. X'D Oh, that's interesting! Yeah... maybe I'll look up about it too! :)

      Oh! I haven't seen the About Me page yet. I'll have a look! :D Yeah, I found they were fun to create too!
      I'm not exactly sure I've understood what you mean... do you mean the background on my writing blog, how I didn't have to tile it? If so, it's because I chose one of the options suggested. :) Oh, so it's not from the list? That's a clever idea! I hadn't thought of that! :D

      Delete
    5. Yes I suppose it is.:) I've heard that before but I was still confused as to whether they hibernated at some point. XD cool!

      Thanks! It was quite recently that I published it so you wouldn't have. I hope you like it. I'm thinking of adding other pages too. In fact I'm in the middle of writing guest post guidelines for anyone who is interested in writing a guest post.

      Yes that's what I meant. Oh I see. :) Thanks! I liked some of the ones listed but I didn't want to have sane background as someone else on blogger so I found one online that I liked. :D

      Delete

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.