11 October 2015

Read With Your Cuppa' #4

Youtuber to watch


SoCrafttastic (AKA Sarah) is a great youtuber for people who love crafting! I know many of my readers are creative people so this is why I recommend her channel. Her videos vary from crafting, drawing, fashion and more! I particularly like her polymer clay tutorials and zentangle videos. I feel like she covers all sorts of projects so many people will enjoy them and learn something new!




Fun Activity
  There's something about baking seasonal treats that feels so fulfilling. I'm enjoying baking gooey cookies (with flavours like cinnamon or chocolate) and crumbles (my fave is rhubarb but I've been making several apple and blackcurrant ones recently). There are so many yummy recipes to try and as Autumn/Winter 2015 takes place, I love to make festive bakes. Check out all my food related posts for new ideas!



Fashion Trend



70s inspired outfits are fashionable right now! This isn't to say you have to go all out wearing vibrant colours and disco outfits, this means you should consider adding subtle touches of the 70s in your outfits to achieve a take on the popular boho look. Think bold prints, loosely flared trousers and rounded glasses as well as other pieces that pull the look together.




Inspirational Quote



Today's inspirational quote is about not giving up. You should always have a positive mindset when taking up a challenge. You learn new things along the way which help you to achieve. If you go through life thinking that big tasks are impossible you'll be missing out, big time. There's so much to discover so go out there and try your very best.




Meal To Try

Pesto pasta bake with chicken and bacon is one of my favourite meals! You can easily adapt this to be veggie by swapping the meat for peppers or other veg, it's still delicious! The simple recipe is this:
1. boil the pasta whilst you fry the chunks of meat
2. drain the pasta
3. mix the meat and pasta together in a dish with pesto
4. cover with grated cheese and mix again
5. grill the pasta bake
You can find more detailed recipes online but that's the basic method! I sometimes add yellow peppers for depth, but I love it either way!


2 comments:

  1. This was an awesome read! You always know exactly what content will interest your readers! :D SoCraftastic sounds like a brilliant YouTube channel - I'll be sure to check it out. ^^ Have you heard of JENerationDIY and BananaJamana too? (They're great YT channels!) This time of year really is a good time for baking! I'll think about baking some cookies too! :3 That's a pretty cool new fashion trend! I don't know if I've mentioned already (maybe I have), but I heard denim skirts are also in trend - have you heard? ^^ I love that quote so much - it's really motivational! True that nothing's impossible if you work at it.
    Ahhh, pesto pasta is one of my favourite meals! I haven't tried it with meat yet, but I'm sure it's a great addition. :D

    Awesome work, Megan! Please do continue making these posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments! Yes, it is a great channel for people who enjoy my blog-there's a wide range of crafting/art videos there as well as other types of videos! I have heard of JENerationDIY and I'm a subscriber (I love her videos) but I haven't seem BananaJamana yet, I'll take a look at her videos! Yes, I love baking things and eating them fresh! It's great to bring homemade cookies to school as well because it's like bringing a little bit of home with you! I think the 70s inspired fashion trend is great because ir is so unique and you can either go bold or subtle! No, but that's great because they go with all sorts of things! I love matching plain denim pieces (such as shorts or skirts) with patterned tops! Opposites attract when it comes to fashion-plain and patterned work well! It's a great quote isn't it? It just seems so obvious, now that I've heard the quote, I can't see the word impossible the same way! XD Same here! Pesto pasta bake is delicious! It's the other way round for me! I've never had a vegetable version before (but I've heard it's still nice). The meal has developed over the years for me. It started as chicken wrapped in bacon with pesto pasta at the side, then it turned into loose pesto spaghetti with bits of meat in it and now it is a pesto pasta bake! Thanks so much-I will do! It's so fun to write these posts and discover new things (as well as share things I already know)! I'm really glad that you enjoy reading these! :D

      Delete

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.