20 January 2016

My Winter in Photos




 Hiya everyone! During Winter (so far) I have taken lots of photos! Some of them are quite good but others didn't make it to this post! I'll be showing you some of my favourites in this post, not all of them are amazing quality but I quite like them all!

This Winter I have been enjoying cuddling up in front of a movie with hot chocolate and popcorn! It's a fun thing to do when it's cold outside! It's a nice treat occasionally, but I don't do this often! It's been snowing in the past few weeks so I snapped a pic of my snacks! I've been watching films such as Frozen when it's frosty out and I recommend that you do the same when you have nothing else to do! These pictures weren't a very good quality originally but  edited them for a while and I'm happy with the results! 



Here is a photo of my Christmas nailart! I am really bad at painting my fingernails (like most people) so I got someone to help me with this. I don't normally do nailart but I think this glitzy deisgn looked great!



When my sister and I were decorating the tree (and our living room) for Christmas, I couldn't resist taking pictures of some of the decorations! Our family keep Christmas decorations for years, even through generations, so there's a story behind every ornament. these two decorations however, are ones that we received during my lifetime. The wooden star decoration was created in front of me at a school fair and the frog prince on the left was a table present form a few years ago. The lighting from the lamp really helped create this beautiful photo but I really took my time to edit it too!

 And last but not least, here is a photo I took in the past few days when it snowed where I live! I went on a walk and took lots of photos in the Winter wonderland but this one was my favourite! You can really see the detail when it is large and up close. My wellies sank deep into the snow and with every step the snow made that satisfying crunching noise! The walk was so picturesque so I thought I would share this you.

So have you enjoyed Winter so far? I just love the cosy nights in, pretty walks in the snow and all the joy that Winter brings! Which was your favourite photo of mine? Let me know in the comments. :) I edited all of these photos on picmonkey, a really great resource for bloggers who want to improve their photography. I've been testing this website out recently and I really enjoy it! One of the best bits of it is that most of it is free and you don't HAVE so sign up. Yes, there are some things that are limited when you don't have an account but there are still plenty of things you can do to your photos. See for yourselves the results I have achieved! I hope you have a great new year and continue to enjoy your Winter! Bye for now!




6 comments:

  1. This was a great post! I loved the look of the crafts, your nail art, and of course the yummy treats! :) xx
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie! I don't often take pictures so it's good to know that you like these photos! They were fun to create! :D

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos! The one of the frog prince is stunning & the last Winter Wonderland photo looks like it could be on a Christmas card, it's so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Those two are actually my favourites! I use the Winter Wonderland one as a background on my laptop because it's just the right size! :D

      Delete
  3. WOW these photos are amazing!! 8D It looks like you had an awesome winter! I love every one of these and you've edited them perfectly! I love the hot chocolate photo SO much! It looks delicious and the background is spectacular too! The nail art is so pretty! And omigosh the frog prince one is gorgeous! I love the lighting! :D You're so lucky you got snow! We've only had frost, hail and freezing weather so far! Your picture is beautiful!
    I think I'll try out pic monkey - it sounds great!
    Lol I watched more films than I should have over the holidays and until now! XD It's a nice thing to do!
    Keep posting! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much Kenza! :D Yes I did-it was really fun (I'm looking forward to Summer now though,ha-ha)! Thank you, I used my patterned blanket to give it a cosy feel! The frog prince one was one of my favourites! I was originally going to take a picture of it inside the tree, like the other one but in the end I thought it looked great on a lamp! :) It only snowed once or twice but I thought I'd take a magical walk through the forest whilst it still lasted! My toes were numb though! xD You should! It's a very good website that you can use for free (or not free). I enjoy editing now! It'll come in use for my art lessons where I have to take my own photos for projects! :D Same!

      Delete

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.