05 December 2016

Christmas Card Craft Idea

Hello everyone! I'm finally back with another post and it's my first Christmas one!I've had lots of revision to do recently so I took a few weeks away from blogging but I missed it so I'm back this week. Today I've got a lovely Christmas card idea for you to craft for your friends and family so get cosy and see how I made a wreath card!

 Firstly I chose a Christmas patterned paper, a plain card, a bow, a doily and a few Christmas washi tapes. You can find all these supplies (or similar ones) at The Works or The Range. These are two of my favourite shops for craft supplies since they sell a wide range of products for good prices. In ended up not using the button you can see in the photo or all of the washi tape but you might decide you want to. As yopuc an see I have quite the collection of Chrsitmas-y washi tapes-I've been collecting lots in the last few months!
 Now that you've got the basic supplies you can now choose all of the embellishments. You'll use these to decorate the wreath so you'll want small, festive embellishments. The ones you can see in the picture are: silver star stickers, enamel dots, crystal stickers, a range of Christmas stickers and Christmas phrase stickers. You probably won't sue them all on one wreath but I just got out plenty of embellishments so I could choose what looked best. I actually went with the crystal stickers, stars and mini candy cane stickers for the wreath. I also used a Christmas phrase sticker elsewhere on the card. I liked how the red crystal stickers looked like berries, the yellow crystal stickers looked like flowers and the green crystal stickers looked like sprigs or leaves. The enamel dots would have given the same effect but I wanted to give a sparkly effect to the card! By the way, some of these products were from a subscription box last month called Birmbles Box.
Here's the final result! started by cutting a strip of patterned paper and glueing it n the left side of the card as an accent. Originally, I was going to make a background with it but I think it would have been too overpowering. I cut the middle of the green doily out so that it looked like a wreath. Once you've glued down the patterned paper and green doily you can personalise it however you want! This is where the embellishments come in! I spread out the crystal stickers, stars and candy canes evenly around the wreath. After decorating the wreath, I created the ribbon. In chose a washi tape and cut a small section of it to go above the wreath, To give the impression of a real wrath, I then put a bow on top of the washi tape. I used double sided sticky tape for this. To finish off, I used washi tape and a phrase stcker in the centre.

There you go, that's how I made the wreath Christmas card and I love how it turned out! It's such a unique card; I thought of it when I was looking at my Christmas craft supplies, I knew I wanted to use a doily but I didn't want to just stick it down so I did this instead! So now you're ready to make your own Christmas cards, let me know if you make any.

PS: I've changed the background for Christmas now. Do you like it? I created it with the PicMonkey overlays, sorry that I didn't draw any of the elements this time round. Hopefully my next background will have some of my drawings.

Over to you...
Have you made this card idea or any other Christmas cards this year? Tell me about it in the comments. Also, do you have any Christmas blog post ideas? I'm looking forward to writing plenty of Christmas posts!

6 comments:

  1. Love this, Megan. I always make my cards for my family so these are really helpful for ideas xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth! I'm glad that my idea has come in handy! I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas too. By the way, thank you for your letter! I'll be sending one back to you very soon. 😊 :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Beth! I'm glad that my idea has come in handy! I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas too. By the way, thank you for your letter! I'll be sending one back to you very soon. 😊 :)

      Delete
  2. I remember seeing this one on Instagram and gosh I still love it! I love how you've put together a tutorial for making the card - it's really helpful!

    It's interesting how you used a doily as a wreath... such perfection!! xD Ahh I really wish I had your lovely washi tapes now, the red and white colour scheme is so good! (Speaking of which I bought a big pack of Christmas washi tapes they had in Lidl for a good price and they're pretty good! :D)

    The embellishments were such a brilliant addition to decorate the wreath! Which one of the decorations is your favourite/what would you recommend buying?

    I absolutely adore the concept of this card and I really think you could sell homemade cards like this! I'm sure people would buy them! :D

    Actually I was so busy this year that I didn't have time to make any homemade Christmas cards although I'd set out to! It's funny because I usually make them every year. Well, hopefully next year I'll have more time! xD

    Keep up the good work, Megan! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I'm glad that it's helpful! I've really been enjoying using Instagram recently and it's been great tos we what you post too! I can find even more inspiration from you now!

    I tried to be really crstive with the 'ingredients' that I had so to speak. It was really fun, it felt kind of like a challenge on the 'Great British Sewing Bee' where they get given a particular clothes item and have to be creative with it to make something new. Have you ever watched the sewing bee? I love watching it when it's on! I didn't realise that Lidl sold washi tape! How much was it and about how many rolls were in there?

    That's a tricky question ha-ha! I loved using them all but I guess that for value, the crystal stickers were the best because they were only £1 and can be used over and over again! However, I'm really looking forward yo using the enamel dots.

    Thank you so much kenza! You're so kind. That would be really fun, maybe I will aim to sell a few homemade things one day(but I'll need a lot more practice to make my crafts look professional)!

    Actually, I had hoped to make more cards this year too but ran out of time too! But I did end up making four. If you make homemade cards again, it would be great to see them either on Instagram or your blog. But you don't have to take pictures if you don't want to. :)

    Thanks again for all of your lovely encouragement! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I'm glad that it's helpful! I've really been enjoying using Instagram recently and it's been great tos we what you post too! I can find even more inspiration from you now!

    I tried to be really crstive with the 'ingredients' that I had so to speak. It was really fun, it felt kind of like a challenge on the 'Great British Sewing Bee' where they get given a particular clothes item and have to be creative with it to make something new. Have you ever watched the sewing bee? I love watching it when it's on! I didn't realise that Lidl sold washi tape! How much was it and about how many rolls were in there?

    That's a tricky question ha-ha! I loved using them all but I guess that for value, the crystal stickers were the best because they were only £1 and can be used over and over again! However, I'm really looking forward yo using the enamel dots.

    Thank you so much kenza! You're so kind. That would be really fun, maybe I will aim to sell a few homemade things one day(but I'll need a lot more practice to make my crafts look professional)!

    Actually, I had hoped to make more cards this year too but ran out of time too! But I did end up making four. If you make homemade cards again, it would be great to see them either on Instagram or your blog. But you don't have to take pictures if you don't want to. :)

    Thanks again for all of your lovely encouragement! :D

    ReplyDelete

Any ideas, feedback or praise? Select 'notify me' so you know when you get a reply from me or someone else.